Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BOSTON!

Last month Josh and I ventured to Boston. Josh had a business thingy there (and I say that because that is about as much "business" we did). 99.9% of it was PLAY! There was a conference and my dad took his 5 main people and their spouses. YAY for me! And YAY that my mom is a "spouse" too! We had such a great time and my dad, as usual, spoiled us all rotten! My sweet little sister and her boy friend were kind enough to watch the kids so we could go as just adults! It was difficult for about the first day... then I was totally over it and enjoyed being just ME. Shopping in peace... eating in peace... sleeping in peace... Ahhh, PEACE! Boston has to be one of the most amazing places I have ever vacationed too. Didn't hurt that our hotel was connected to a GREAT mall... wow! But, beyond that, Boston is so historic and it was such a privilege to go and visit all the amazing sights. I forgot my camera charger (ARGH) so these pictures are just a glimpse of our fun Boston adventure!
Waiting for Subway
Mom and Josh... look at the church behind them!
Harvard yard was A M A Z I N G! WOW! We did this fun tour that actual Harvard students do. History was written all over that place ... I mean just in the people that have attended... Matt Damon, Bill Gates, John Adams! The architecture was incredible too! The whole campus was beautiful and we really enjoyed it!
Unfortunately, because this was classified as a "business" trip, this is what Josh was doing a good 70% of time... I wanted to throw his phone away!
Famous "good luck" statue!
My dad went on his mission here to Boston so he was our little insider that had all the fun places to go. Copley Square did not disappoint. FUN shopping, entertainment, food... what else could you ask for!
Every night we went to the greatest places to eat. I swear if I had not been so careful I would have gained about 10 pounds on this trip.
We went on this fun trolley that took us sight seeing... I know TRUE tourist... we had 11 different stops and all were amazing! We also passed a lot of fun and amazing sights!
Me and my momma enjoying play time!
Fenway Park was one of my favorite places we toured. This place is just amazing. Not a huge baseball fan but to be right there, so close to the field, hearing about the history of the Boston Red Sox... kind of got to me! Our tour guide was super funny too... made it that much more memorable. This is us in the press box! GREAT seats!
Cutest statue out front!
The Kimball "gang"... These are the 6 who run Kimball Property Maintenance and work hard so we have such a great life! Thanks Scott, Josh, Carol, Russ aka DAD, Jeff and John!
State Capitol
BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: