Monday, October 12, 2009

Ode to a NEW roof

When we bought this home, we were told that it needed a new roof here in the next few years. Well that came quicker than we hoped. Last year when Josh was putting up Christmas lights, he saw how bad it really was. And we still had the stupid swamp cooler up there. So, before winter hit this year, we were determined to get it done. After getting a few bids that all totaled around $4,000-$5,000 we figured we could do it ourselves... and when I say WE I really means JOSH! It would have been impossible for me to get up there with our kids sitting on the gourd watching us. So I got the kids... and he got the roof! We ordered shingles, had them delivered, got the nails and nail gun and Josh got up there and got going. THANK YOU THANK YOU to my brother in law Mark, my mother in law Kaye, and sister in law Monica for helping. Josh could not have done it without you guys. And YES I said my 67 year old mother in law! She was up there hammering away. Than woman is going to out live us all! Our roof looks beautiful and I am so glad to have that darn swamp cooler down!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Way to go you guys! You realize, now that you've advertised your new skill, people are going to want to put it to good use... on their roofs... ;D

*We're Unplugged* said...

Oh, I sure miss Monica and the Franco American Spaghetti she used to bring to all of our sleepovers. Tell her I said hi.

*We're Unplugged* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.