Sunday, September 5, 2010

FIre Pit

It's finally done... YAY! Josh has been working so hard all summer on finishing our fire pit and we LOVE IT! It has technically been done for a few months, but I am so behind on my blog that I am just now getting around to sharing it with everyone. So sorry, but some things are worth documenting no matter how late! I should really take an after picture from then to now... that big mass of dirt behind us in now grass,we put in a another fresh layer of rock, shrubs are about double the size, but this was our 1st actual fire. Poor Makade missed out on all the fun because he fell asleep, but Savanna LOVED it. Growing up, my grandma Casper had a fire pit in her backyard and it was tradition at every family gathering to roast marshmallows and hot dogs... along with playing red rover, color eggs and a few other games that bring a smile to my face thinking about them! My parents have a wonderful fire pit in their yard too, so of course I HAD to have one. My sweet husband made my wish come true... thanks babe! So, now we only have 1 little spot in the yard that I want a water feature... I know I'm not asking a lot, that should be easy right!?! I mean my husband DOES work for a landscaping company! So here is to lots of parties at our house next summer when the yard is fully done!

1 comment:

Summer said...

So cool! Just in time for cool fall nights! That's a lot of hard work- way to go! ;D