Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Eve

Normally, we hang at my parents house for Christmas eve, but this year we wanted to do something different... change it up a bit! We had yet to have a Kimball family party, so we decided to throw one together and the best night for everyone was Christmas eve! YAY! I know the parties and events during the holiday season can be A LOT but to me, it wouldn't be Christmas without all the chaos! We all met at my grandparents house for some yummy food and to put together packages for the women's shelter. We had scarfs, hats, gloves, socks and some candy. The Kimball side is SO into giving and doing for people who may be a little less fortunate than us. And it was so rewarding to spend our night preparing some essential items for others! After we dropped off the packages we headed over to Temple Square. We waited for the Ewings to get here to see the lights so this was our first time at Temple Square this year. The kids were mesmerized! They loved it and we loved seeing their faces light up! Savanna is finally old enough to talk about the true meaning of Christmas. Teaching her about Christ and his birth has been great. She is so sweet and listens so intently! She has always loved the temple and sings "I love to see the Temple" every single night! I couldn't think of a better way to spend our Christmas eve! After all the fun and COLD we went back to my parent's house to do our annual tradition. We always open up our cute Christmas PJ's, read the story of Christ's birth, light our candles and head to bed (or in our case home to go to bed)! I personally look forward to this all season long and I am so grateful my parents started this amazing tradition ... hopefully my kids will love it as much as I do!

Hello... BEAUTIFUL!
Oaklee, Cassidy and Savanna... seriously one of my FAVORITE photos!!!!
He wanted to get in the water... seriously?!?
The Kimball Clan
Jaxon, Makade, Oaklee, Savanna, Dakota and Breven... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: