Saturday, January 8, 2011

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Always have, always will! Now that I have kids, I love it even more! Their faces when they open their gifts, just brings a smile to my face! Savanna ran down the stairs and saw her big main gift and she yelled "OH MY HECK, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED"! Made me (and Santa, I'm sure) VERY HAPPY! Makade just kept oo-ing and ah-ing over everything... Even his clothes. Both kids just kept running back and forth from things, not sure what to play with first. I got Josh a new wedding ring, which is beautiful... oh i mean it is really good looking! He got me an ipad. I was so shocked I literally started screaming! LOVE IT! A couple years ago, we kind of started a fun tradition where everyone came to our house Christmas morning to open presents and have breakfast. This was mostly because the Ewing's moved away so it was just us with my parents and little sister. Well, Ewing's were in town this year and we decided what the heck, lets still do it! We crammed 13 people and lots of presents into our little humble abode and it was GREAT! We had such a great Christmas... little bit of family, little bit (okay A LOT) of spoiling, lots of fun and time spend together! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

For memory sake here is a list of favorite gifts
Savanna
-barbie vet station
-barbie skates
-art supplies
-Uno Moo
-CLOTHES
Makade
-train set
-car tower
-tool set
-blanket
-CANDY
After all the fun at our house, we ran over to the in laws for our annual gathering. I have gone over to Jim and Kayes every Christmas morning for years... since Josh and I dated in high school. We never miss it and we love it! Unfortunately Makade was not being a very nice boy. All of the Mitchell kids have to put their nose to the wall when they get in trouble... I thought it was kind of weird until I tried it... WORKS LIKE A CHARM! The kids HATE IT!!! Drives them crazy when they have to sit and stare and wall, not being able to see what's going on. This would be Makades first time having to participate in this disciplinary action... Classic!
Well here comes the fun part... 4 hours after all the chaos of Christmas we packed our bags, left the toys and headed to my parents house where we stayed for the next 10 days. We do this every time the Ewing's are in town. We want to spend as much time together as possible. And the kids LOVE it.
New Years Eve we had a close family friend come and watch the kids while the adults went out to dinner. Ah, I love my kids but being able to sit through a dinner without having to do damage control, or fight them to eat... just a peaceful meal.. NICE! We then headed back and had a great night of games. We played pool, ping pong, air hockey, catch a phrase, the new dance game on xbox and then toasted sparkling cider at midnight! I was amazed Savanna made it until midnight! She was a die hard! Kade on the other hand was passed out by 8:30!
Breven and Makade are 4 months a part and although their smiles are cute, they are nothing but TROUBLE! Pure JOY to know they will grow up together ... best buds!!!
Okay, so my mom wanted to get a picture of her 3 girls... never knew taking a ONE picture of 3 adult woman could be so hard. Every picture some one was like "that's not a good one", "my smile is weird", or best yet "my face looks fat". Finally after like the 5th one we all just busted up laughing at how ridiculous we were being. Then we just couldn't stop laughing. My mom kept snapping pictures and I think these ones are the cutest of all! I LOVE my sisters... they are without a doubt (along with the BEST MOM EVER) my best friends!
Thankfully, we finally got one!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 comment:

MEREDITH said...

The sister pictures are my favorite!! So happy for you guys that Aubrey is moving back :)