Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Holiday FUN

Look at those cute (and COLD) faces! Aubrey and I were crazy enough to sign our girls up for ski lessons New Years DAY! Seriously?!? First off, we were exhausted and second it was 8 below up on the mountain. But, it was the only day we could make it work and the girls were super excited! Well, Savanna was excited until she got up there and found out I couldn't stay with her! First half of the day wasn't a total success... lots of tears but the second half was much better. By the time I picked her up, she was doing great... going up the magic carpet and going down the hill. When I asked her if she wanted to ski again she said "yeah I totally want to ski again, just not for a while mom, okay"?!? We will try again next year. Hopefully we will be able to buy her like 4 or 6 sessions instead of just 1!

Girls after a nice warm and relaxing bath... after all they were "freezing" all day!
A few days later we decided to venture out in the cold for some more fun... this time just in my parents back yard. We played on the 4 wheelers, roasted some marshmallows, played in the snow and had a lot of fun!
Oaklee, Kelsi and Savanna
Makades hat kept turning in front of he eyes but he wasn't too concerned. He was too busy having fun! Dakota and Makade
The saying is usually "like mother like daughter" but in this case it's totally "like daddy like Savy"!
Jaxon was loving the BIG HUGE marshmallow! WOW!
The night before the Ewing's had to fly back Kelsi took the girls to get their nails painted then all the kids to see Tangled (my personal new favorite). After, my mom brought out some puzzles to play with the girls... we all wanted to stay up all night so we could have as much time possible with each other but the fun holiday break had to come to an end! But I am very EXCITED to announce that after 5 years,my sweet sister and her family are finally moving home. YAY!!!! No more Tennessee! BEST. NEWS. EVER!

3 comments:

Shantelle said...

Wow Savannah is brave! That's exciting that your sister is moving home. Nothing like having family move back after being away for SO long!

NI said...

Great update - being that I haven't finished the holidays I am very impressed. Looks like tons of fun!

NI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.