Tuesday, March 8, 2011

30... and loving it!

So, I turned 30 and honestly, not much difference from 29. My little sister was teasing me about the number "30" and I quickly informed her that 30 is totally the new 20 and I'm sticking to that! Yes, my 20's were amazing... graduated from college, got married, bought my first house, had my 2 beautiful children... not sure I can top that so instead, I am going to just live life to it's fullest and hope that it just keeps on going great! Thanks to my wonderful hubby, the big day was wonderful... actually the entire WEEKEND was wonderful! Knowing my relationship with my sisters and how important they are to me, he made sure they were both around to share in the fun... he flew Aubrey in from Tennessee to surprise me and he did a good job because it was a total shock! Walked into lunch and there she was, along with many other family members! So I figured that was it ... lots of fun to be had with the 4 of us(me, mom, Kelsi and Aubrey) but little did I know! The following night, I thought we were just going out for a nice dinner with the adults but it turned out to be a surprise party. Fat Cats was the perfect place ... Little bit of bowling, little bit a pizza, lots of yummy cake, lots of close friends and family ... PERFECT! HUGE thanks to my little sister who had a major part in planning the night... love you Kelsi!!! I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my birthday.
The man who made it all happen and the woman of the hour!
This would be my humble walk back after totally just rocking a strike!
I was lucky enough to gain 4 more sisters and another fabulous mother when I got married! Vickie, Me, Monica, Kaye and Mindy. We sure missed you Jen!
Everyone was totally jealous of my fabulous headband which reads "Over The Hill". I thought it was pretty hot! Can't wait to see what they make me wear for when I actually am OVER the HILL. Me, talking with Ashleigh and Kelsi
My dad with our good friends Jeff and Britta.
More family
My Mother and Father in Law, Kaye and Jim
Uncle Jay and Auntie
Mom, me Kelsi and Aubery... we call ourselves the 4 musketeers!
I totally missed like 3 candles... ugh! I will have to huff and puff harder next time!
There was a little roast in my honor... good times, good times! Kelsi is being true to herself by writing hers down(so did Aubrey and yes I would have done the same thing) apparently she had so many great stories to share and didn't want to forget any!
Hilarious... Black balloons, over the hill mylars.... ha ha ha so funny!
This was the awesome poster board Kelsi made... LOVE it... great walk down memory lane! There was also a basket for everyone to leave a little note or word of wisdom for me... loved all of them!
As my little Savanna would say (quoting Rapunzel) ... BEST. DAY/BIRTHDAY. EVER!

2 comments:

Shantelle said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Your post will help me as I approach the big 30 in a couple of months. Love the poster...what a fun idea!

Ginnie said...

30 is TOTALLY the new 20! Happy birthday my friend!