Friday, April 8, 2011

Little Soccer Pro

Savanna was SO SO SO excited for her first soccer game. We have been talking about this day for a while... since we signed up in February! We had everything all ready to go... Cleats, check. Shin guards, check. Socks, check. Soccer ball, check. Soccer bag, check. Oh yeah, she was set! Her and Katie have been practicing all week (even with snow on the grass, they were still outside kicking the ball to each other). And it all paid off! Their first game was a total success. Despite the fact that it was FREEZING (hence the layers of clothes)all the kids amazingly had a great attitude. And I tell ya what, there are few cuter things than a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds running around the field in a big mosh pit kicking the ball, and each other, with big grins on their faces! Priceless! This is all very fun and NEW for me. I don't have any brothers so this whole sports thing is pretty foreign to me. We were a dance and singing/performing family. Ask me anything about music or dance and I am good to go, but sports!?! I have been to a few of my nephews games but I was just there to watch them kick or throw the ball. I figure since my daughter is actually "playing" the sport I might want to learn a thing or two about it so I can help her! And with Makade coming up quickly behind her, I figure this is a good intro of what I'm sure will lead many more sport days! Here's to lots of learning and lots of fun! Oh and THANK YOU to all the many supporters who came to her first game... Grandpa and Grandma Kimball, Grandpa and Grandma Howell and Mitch.
Even in her sports attire, she still does a dance pose... that's my girl!
These 2 are the BEST of Friends... seriously SO cute! And they were giggling and laughing out on the field! Thank heavens they have each other!
Miss Katie and Miss Savanna
She kept wanting to touch the ball so she decided to put her arms behind her back thinking it would surely help her.. hee hee
Getting ready to kick ball in

1 comment:

MEREDITH said...

Looks like so much fun!