Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ugh... knee surgery!

And that is seriously the best title I could think of... besides KNEE SURGERY SUCKS... I thought that was a bit harsh! Josh was in surgery for a little over 2 hours. He had completely shredded his acl and torn his meniscus. It was, needless to say, a pretty major surgery. They graft an cadavers achilles tendon for his acl (amazing what meidcal technology can do these days) and then screwed the new tendon into the bones. Those screws will become a part of his bone and the tendon will become his new acl. He is doing really well, considering! He is in A LOT of pain but is a tough old mad (I can say that because he is 2 years older than me)! He is in a very uncomfortable brace that goes from his ankle to the top of his thigh. He will be in this for a few more weeks then he will get his acl brace which he will be in for quite a while! Hopefully in the next 5 months he will have a full 100% recovery! YAY... until then I continue to wait on him hand and foot and do everything I would normally do plus all the things he would do. That was my brief moment to feel sorry for myself. I will move on now! I am ready for him to be better... he is ready for him to be better... and everyone I ask to come help me for a second is ready for him to be better! Love you honey!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Wishing him a speedy recovery, and hope you guys are doing okay!!