Monday, March 28, 2011

House Projects

Lately, we have been doing a bunch of little projects around the house. We haven't done any in a while so it was time! And I have really missed it. Little ones are fun... it's the big ones that drive me crazy! We, well more ME, wanted to bring some color and warmth on the walls. I have loved the color we had, but its just so plain and every wall is the same. I wanted to spice it up a little so we did an accent wall in the living room and I love it! We also painted the 3 walls in the family room , which I also love! We are still working on the kitchen... we are doing a black splash in there and hopefully, fingers crossed, I can talk Josh into doing a different color on the walls too! He isn't "feeling" it right now, but maybe when the back splash is done, he will! Here's to hoping!
Next, we decided the kids were in desperate need of a toy room... so we moved them into the same room. I wasn't sure how I would feel about a boy and girl sharing a room, but the kids have loved it! And I think it turned out super cute! I don't have any pictures of the toy room yet, because it's not finished. I need to figure out whether to go all out and paint and decorate it, or leave it be and wait to redo it when we have another baby... not sure yet, so until then, here is their room!
As soon as we finish the kitchen, I will post some pictures... can't wait!

2 comments:

Shantelle said...

Wow! Good for you! Looks like a lot of fun projects going on. I've been SO hesitant about putting Brayden and Brooklyn together in the same room, but I'm about done with having the baby in our room so something's gotta happen soon! It's encouraging that it is going well for you guys.

MEREDITH said...

House projects are looking good! It always feels so good once they are done :) How's the vita mixer? I want one!!!!