Monday, March 28, 2011

VIVA Las Vegas

So last weekend we had the chance to head down to Vegas for some MUCH NEEDED FUN TIME! Josh had to go to an auction for work so I totally tagged along! This would be one of the perk I get for my husband working for my dad! We seriously, had such a great time!!! We ate at amazing restaurants, shopped , walked the strip, shopped some more, went country dancing, shopped some more, and just enjoyed being away! We gambled a little bit too... which normally I hate. I don't see the point in throwing away perfectly good shopping money. But this trip we kind of got REALLY lucky... made our shopping day even better!!! As Savanna would say, "Oooh Snap!" We were even more lucky to have a sweet girl in my ward that Savanna and Makade just love... Emily! She is 18 and such a great babysitter! She is normally incredibly busy, but we were lucky enough to snag her for the weekend to watch the kids and she did a fabulous job. They were very happy which made me very happy! So it was just me, Josh, my dad, little sister Kelsi and her boyfriend Mitch. Sadly, my mom was in Tennessee visiting my sister and her family... hopefully when they move here we can do a trip with ALL of us! My dad, of course spoiled us ROTTEN!!! As he usually does... thanks for a great trip dad!

Our first night there, walking the strip, we ran into these fun characters. Kelsi desperately wanted her picture taken with Elvis! You meet the strangest people in Vegas... This trip, I saw so many people dressed up letting us take pictures with them... as long as you tip them! Normally I only see a few, but I think this time I saw over a dozen each day!
One of the guys Josh works with at Kimball's was down in Vegas too for his birthday. They were able to get us great tickets to see Phantom, so we met up with them for the big show. I have see this show a few times in different cities and I have to say Vegas did a darn good job. Christine and the Phantom were AMAZING! Well done, well done!
Kelsi, Mitch, Josh and me.
We normally stay at the Wynn when we go to Vegas but they were booked so instead we stayed at the Venetian. When we arrived my dad decided that he wanted us all in the same room so he upgrade to the the penthouse suite. I tell ya, it's going to be hard to stay in just a regular hotel from now on. This place was amazing! 1 living room, 2 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms... 1 grand piano :)... beautiful!
This was our room in the left wing. We shared with Kelsi and Mitch
And this was my dads room in the right wing!
I came back feeling refreshed and ready to go. I missed my kids like CRAZY but it was so great to spend time with my hubby!

No comments: